Dried apples are also known as natural apple chips. This product will be produced without using sulfur dioxide and sulfuric acid. Dried apples should be stored in a dry and cool place such as a refrigerator. Dried apples are produced in three types, green, yellow, and red, and are presented to the consumer market in 250 and 500 gram packages.
Considering the role of nutrition in the body, the use of some fruits is considered very necessary and it is necessary to use them. In some cases, it may be a little difficult to access all the fruits. Therefore, they use dried fruits, which can provide required vitamins in all seasons for body. So, the benefits and nutritional facts of dried fruits, including apples, are many.
Dried apple is effective in preventing and solving all kinds of skin problems and discomforts. Also, consuming dried apples will be extremely useful for children and the adults. Dried apple is known as a nutritional source that contains vitamins C and A. Of course, it is also rich in vitamin B.
Properties of dried apples
Dried apples have many benefits. Using fresh or dried apple fruit is very useful in strengthening the body’s immune system and preventing some diseases. Therefore, we should know the effective cases and unique effects of using dry apples in the following cases:
- To strengthen memory and brain
- To regulate blood pressure
- To effect in reducing cholesterol
- To remove skin cracking
- To eliminate dry skin
- To prevent constipation
- To strengthening gum
- To prevent cancer
Types of dried apples
As you know, there are three types of apple trees. Therefore, dried apples can be prepared in three types of red, yellow and green apples. Also, dried apples in all three types are among the most popular and best-selling products in this field.
The price of dried apples
Due to inflation and market fluctuations, it is not possible to accurately state the price of dried apples. But usually some factors can be effective in determining its price. So, the factors affecting the price of dried apples listed below:
- The quality of dried apples
- Product packaging weight
- time of sale
- Production brand
You can read this article to know the price of bulk dry fruits.
The method of producing dried apples
There are different methods for drying apples, each of which requires specific conditions to produce dried apples. So these are some methods of dry apple process.
Drying apples with an oven
Drying apples with an oven is a convenient and actually easy methods. Time you need to dry apples using an oven is 6 hours. The stages of dry apple production are as follows.
- Preheat the oven to 54-71 degrees Celsius.
- Cover the baking tray with grease proof paper and arrange the sliced apples at a distance.
- To prevent the apples from shrinking when drying, you can use a silicone liner or pizza net.
- Every two hours, if the upper part of the apples is dry, turn them over to let the other part dry as well.
Drying apples with sunlight
To dry apples with sunlight, you need to make sure of sunny and suitable conditions, because this process takes several days. Also, in this method, the air temperature should be around 30 degrees Celsius on sunny days. To dry apples in the sun, you must go through the following steps:
- Slice the apples and place them on a wooden tray or stainless steel net.
- Place the tray or net on two bricks in direct sunlight.
- To prevent the apples from being damaged by insects, you can use a net to cover it.
- In order for the apples to dry evenly, check and turn them over every day.
- It is better to remove the trays and bring them indoors through night, because the humidity in night prevents the apples from drying.
Use a dryer
Using a dryer is another method of drying apples. The steps of drying apples with the device include the following.
- Place the apples in sheets and space them on the tray of the machine.
- Some machines have a fruit drying setting that you can easily set the dryer on to dry the apples easily. But some devices may not have this feature. So you can set it to 57°C.
- The drying time of the apple depends on its thickness, usually it takes 24 to 48 hours for the apples to dry. You can check the apples every 6 hours to prevent them from drying out too much.
Where apples are cultivate?
The apple tree can be grown as a short tree or shrub. This tree usually grows in cold and temperate regions. In fact, the main origin of apple tree planting is Central Asia but in some areas with special weather conditions can be planted and grown, too. In Iran, provinces such as Tehran, Khorasan, Isfahan, East Azerbaijan and West Azerbaijan, which have suitable climatic conditions, will plant and harvest this product.
To which countries are dried apples exported from Iran?
Usually, Iran has good conditions for exporting fresh or dried apples. Therefore, this product is exported to neighboring countries including Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. Russia is also one of the countries where this fruit has been exported.
Some uses of dried apple
Beside a snack, dried apples are also used in other cases. Usually, dried apples are powdered and used in the following cases.
- For dessert and drinks
- Face mask
- baby food
- Herbal Tea
- decorating the cake
Application of dried apple in different foods and dishes
Dried apple can be used as fruit chips, but its dried pieces can be used to decorate all kinds of cakes and desserts. Also, dry apple powder is used as a flavoring for some foods.
Nowadays, different methods are using to dry all kinds of fruits. Besides preserving its properties, drying fruits allows you to eat them in all seasons of the year. Dried apple is one of the fruits that has unique properties and has a great taste, too. In this article, we tried to introduce dried apple and its properties. To prepare tasty and soft dried apples, you can refer to Armani Food products page.